Did You Know?
In addition to the retreats and programs offered by our Spiritual Growth staff, the Jesuit Center for Spiritual Growth welcomes Catholic and other ecumenical groups who are looking for a beautiful setting to conduct their own group meetings.
Take, Lord, and receive all my liberty,
my memory, my understanding
and my entire will,
All I have and call my own.
You have given all to me.
To you, Lord, I return it.
Everything is yours; do with it what you will.
Give me only your love and your grace,
That is enough for me.
—St. Ignatius of Loyola
Saturday, April 27, 2019
“A Good Measure: Showing Welcome and Respect for LGBT People & Their Families” with Fr. James Martin, SJ
(Registration is closed for all sessions.)
• “Beloved of God” Morning of Prayer for LGBT Catholics & Their Families (Registration closed.)
• 9:30 AM – 2:00 PM (Arrival after 8:00 AM)
• Includes continental breakfast, input & times for prayer & conversation, Mass and lunch
• Cost: $50 per adult; $25 per student / Deposit: $25 per adult; $10 per student
• “A Good Measure: Showing Welcome and Respect for LGBT People & Their Families” public lecture & book signing (Registration closed.)
• 4:00 PM
• Free, but registration is required due to limited space
• Dinner Reception (Registration closed.)
• 6:00 PM – 8:00 PM, adults only
• Ticket price: Minimum $100 tax-deductible donation per person.
Contributions are due by April 13th.
Overnight accommodation Friday and/or Saturday is available for adults at $25 per night.
After you register, you'll be instructed to make your deposit and/or pay your final cost.
This event is being underwritten by Alvernia University, the Jesuit Center for Spiritual Growth Board of Trustees, and other patrons.
This event is being held with the written approval of the Most Reverend Alfred A. Schlert, Bishop of Allentown.
Rev. James Martin, SJ, is a Jesuit priest, editor at large of America magazine, consultor to the Vatican's Secretariat for Communications, and author of numerous books, including the New York Times bestsellers "Jesus: A Pilgrimage" and "The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything." Among his other books, "My Life with the Saints" and "Between Heaven and Mirth" were named by Publishers Weekly as "Best Books" of the year, and three of his books have received Christopher Awards. Father Martin is a frequent commentator in the national and international media, having appeared on all the major networks, and in such diverse outlets as The Colbert Report, Fresh Air, On Being, Fox & Friends, PBS's NewsHour, the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and The Boston Globe, as well as on the History Channel, BBC, and Vatican Radio. Before entering the Jesuits in 1988, he graduated from the Wharton School of Business.
Want to announce this event in your church bulletin? Download our pdf by clicking here.